On October 3 and 4, 2015, 20 residents of New Brunswick were invited to participate in a weekend-long deliberation on the future of the provincial electricity grid. After receiving presentations from experts on October 3, jurors were invited to draw on their vision and values for the future arrive at a consensus for what the provincial electricity system should look like in the year 2040.
Below you will find supporting documents, a summary of the results of this citizen jury and a letter that was written by jurors to the New Brunswick Minister of Energy and Mines.
- Citizen Jury video on the future of New Brunswick’s electrical grid
- Letter to Minister of Energy and Mines, Hon. Donald Arseneault
- UNB Newsroom – Citizen jury makes electrical energy recommendations
- New Brunswick Citizen Jury Promotional Poster
- Press Release – a 20 person panel will create a vision for a future electrical energy system in New Brunswick, October 3 and 4, 2015